Now let me tell you a little about how I clean with baking soda.
- My glass top stove: pour baking soda on dirty and caked on spots. Put warm soapy towels on the baking soda for about 15 minutes. (Make sure you ring the towels out so they are not too wet.) Scrub away those spots. Works better than the cleaners you buy in the store.
- I pour about a 1/2 cup of baking soda in the toilet and then about a 1/4 cup of vinegar and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Scrub clean and voila you have a clean toilet.
- When kids spill on our carpet I soak as much as possible up with a towel and then sprinkle baking soda over the spill. I let it sit for around 12 hours and then vacuum it up. No stain!
- Baking soda, water and a scrubby clean my showers and all the scum off the walls and tub. Just make a paste and scrub away.
- My 18 month old gets very bad diaper rash with open sores. I poor a cup or two in her bath water and it helps clean it out. This works for any kind of rash. Use it on poison ivy, poison oak, bee stings, and mosquito bites.