Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Early to Rise: Day 6 Adjust Your Attitude

Rise time . . . 5:40
 
This morning I set my alarm 10 minutes earlier in hopes of getting a little more time before kiddos wake up. As I write this post I've been up for 40 minutes without kids. I've gotten my first cup of coffee, had a devotion and prayer time, and read the short reading from Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days. I can honestly say that I don't feel like I've gotten up before six and I never thought I'd ever get up this early because I stay home with my kids everyday. When it comes to rising early, I have actually had an easy time getting up and this really surprises me.
 
 As I've already experienced in this challenge it is not going to always go the way I expect. In today's short reading in Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days the author discusses the fact that there are others in your house and you cannot control the time they get up. You can, however, still take the opportunity to make the most of the day. It really depends on your attitude. If your kids are little like mine, they won't understand they have to stay in their room and leave mommy alone. You can be prepared and have something they can do while you have some time, sort of, to yourself. Take that time to change what you wanted to do and maybe take the an opportunity to make some moments with your kids to cherish.

I spend more time with my 18 month old than my 2 and 4 year old. Having 3 little ones in general makes it hard to spend some one on one time with each of them. When my 2 year old woke up early the other day we snuggled on the couch and watched her favorite show while I finished up my blog post. It was really nice to start the morning with her. I was a little frustrated at first but then I took it as a chance to spend time with her alone I rarely get. My attitude changed about the moment I picked her up and said good morning. Because of my attitude change, we had a very nice morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment