Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early To Rise: Day 7 Creating Habits Brick by Brick

The only number that matters in building this habit is “1”.  
Habits happen one decision at a time.
Habits die one decision at a time.
Habits start one day.
Habits are the responsibility of one person.  
Habits are formed by people who realize they only get one life.
Habits are formed by the one person you can control: you.

Traub, Andy (2013-01-25). Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days

My view every morning. I really feel God's presence.
Rise Time . . . 5:39

This morning was the first morning I really had a hard time getting up. I hit my snooze button for the first time. I had a rough night with my 18 month old. For some reason she just did not want to go back to sleep.

Today is day 7. If you have being doing this challenge with moneysavingmom.com, congratulations you've made it through the first week! You are hopefully discovering what is working for you and starting to get into a comfortable routine.

Today's reading in Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days reminds us that this is a process. Each day you are building a habit. Each day is a choice.

I often struggle with creating habits as I'm sure many do also. I have found that when habits start to stick, my life has become less complicated.

Since last summer I have been trying to start new habits that make my life more organized. I started with my cleaning schedule. That only took a few weeks to create a habit for a majority of my cleaning but still something I am continually working at. Next I organized bill paying, which worked wonderfully. That habit took days. The last habit I've been working on with my husband is our budget. Keeping track of our spending and making sure we are not over spending is a constant challenge.

Habits can be easy to establish, they can be hard. They will take time but we have to remember that today is what matters and today is what we can control. Let tomorrow worry about itself because you have enough to worry about already. Tomorrow is a new day with new choices. We are building our habits brick by brick, day by day.

If you are participating in this challenge I'd love to hear how you are doing. Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather! Popped over from MSM. I am doing this challenge also and so far...not bad. There have been a couple mornings where I didn't want to get up b/c of a rough night with the kids (2-1/2 yr twins), but I pushed through it and made it through! :~) (I think I probably just hit the sack a little earlier that night!) Congrats on doing this also (and your organizing habits)! Great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete