Thursday, March 14, 2013

Early to Rise: Day 14 Make it cost

Rise time . . . 5:30

Well my three little princesses decided that they would give me a good nights sleep. Yes!!! When my alarm went off at 5:30 I had been awake for a minute or two and didn't even realize what time it was. It was extremely easy to lean over, shut it off, and get out of bed. I had coffee percolating and breakfast waiting for me in the fridge. I feel refreshed and ready to start my day.

I am very happy to say that the challenge of getting up in the morning has not be bad. The mornings that I struggle are the mornings I've been up with a kid or two during the night. Today's reading in Early To Rise: Learn To Rise Early in 30 Days was great advice. If you make getting up late cost you, you will be more motivated to rise early. Since moneysavingmom.com issued the challenge for it's readers, that has been enough of a motivation for this competitive girl. It isn't a competition but it is a challenge to see who can make it through the month.

Day 13 means we are almost half way done. Although I've done really well, after this challenge is over I will need other motivation. I am hoping that by getting up early for a month will instill a routine that will be easy for me to continue. If not I am going to have to take the author's advice and some how keep myself motivated. Maybe I will challenge someone else and I can start the challenge all over again. Buddy system works much better than going solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment