Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Early to Rise: Day 20 Silence is Golden

Rise time . . . 5:30
 
 
 
In my house, silence is very rare. A few times someone has had my 4 and 2 year old and I was left with a napping baby. I stood in the livingroom wondering what I should do. It was quite and I really had no clue what to do about it, except enjoy it.

My mornings are so peaceful. Even when one little girl gets up early, we have some snuggle time and still enjoy some quite. Right now I hear the refridgerator running and the coffee maker clicking every minute or so. I love the morning sounds. I know in a very short time I will start hearing "MOM!!!!" and it will continue for the next 13 hours.

For a short time in my day I can just be me. I'm not mom, wife, daughter, or sister. I'm just me. The silence gives me calm and peace about my life and family. For a short time I can feel that all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment