I tried a couple different meal planning services out there but found I hated getting the recipe lists and grocery list and not being able to use several recipes. There were several we wouldn't eat, I didn't have time or it was impossible to adapt to be dairy free. It felt like a waste of money not being able to use what I paid for.
Well a year ago I came across a deal on Build a Menu. I figured I could try it out for a few months and see what I thought. Since it's been a year, I'm sure you've already guessed that I really like the program and I do!
So what is so great about Build a Menu?
- Well I love being able to choose from many different recipes for many different diets. We use as many gluten free and Trim Healthy Mama recipes we can and also a few that make my husband happy. Plus they rotate recipes every few weeks so you don't get a massive list of recipes.
- Recipes we love, we heart and it will be in our favorites folder and we can use it anytime.
- There are 3 different types of plans: Classic, Done for You, and Premium. Classic is what we have. You chose from a limited amount of recipes, Done for You is what you expect. The menu is planned for you. Premium gives a the massive list of recipes from their database.
- After I've picked my menu, I get a grocery list with an estimated cost. I love this feature. If you have three recipes that you need 1/2 a bag of cheese, it will combine it so you are only buying what you need.
- I can pick from grocery stores near me or there is an any grocery store choice. Recipes are chosen based on sales at those particular stores, saving you money.
- Part of your membership goes to support charities. Mine is set up to support Compassion International.
- Forget your list at home, don't worry just download the app! I love this and use it when I'm cooking.