Wednesday, August 30, 2017

New Adventures

Last summer we moved out to a beautiful 14 acre house in the middle of nowhere. This has always been our dream and for us to be able to achieve this dream years before we thought possible, is so exiting and humbling. Both my husband and I knew we wanted our kids to have a childhood like we did, with room to explore and discover.

With this new move has come new adventures. We are in the process of making this a nice little hobby farm that's inviting to family and friends as well as giving us space for things we need. We are starting small, or so I thought, with just chickens and gardens. My husband in his usual fashion went a little bigger then I had planned with 3 gardens. One is all fruit that was already on the property, a garden in the middle of the pasture for corn and vines, and another large garden with everything else. Although we often joke that we're going off the grid, our hope is that we will be able to use a land for our needs.

My idea of needs are more in the what kind of animals can we get that will feed us and large gardens and orchards. My husband is more in the frame of mind of what can I build. His mind is always going and that means something fun and interesting is going to come out in the end.

One thing I've felt God laid on my heart since the day we moved in, was that our home should be a place others feel welcome. We've already hosted events and opened up our home to new friends and old. Our place can become a ministry if we let it and with all the blessings God has given us, it can be a ministry both Sam and I can be apart of.

So what new adventures have we taken on this past year? Well we have a 100 feet slip n slide, 3 gardens, 6 cats and counting, 10 chickens, and a love for four-wheeling the trails through our woods. We hosted a camp out, a slip n slide party, and several one on one with friends.

My husband still has plans for a go-cart track and I have a desire to try out goats. What will this next year bring? Who knows. God can bring lots of interesting things our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment