Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Stitch Fix


Last month I signed up for Stitch Fix and last week I got my first box in the mail. Stitch Fix is a personal shopper for you. 

How it works:
  1. Fill out a style profile. Tell them what you like or don't like, body type, what you are looking for, and if you have Pintrest you can link up a board of what you like for your stylist to view.
  2. Schedule a Fix. (It arrives about a month out)
  3. $20 stylist fee is charged, BUT you get that as a credit when you pay for your clothes. 
  4. In about a month you will receive a package of 5 items picked especially for you. You have three days to try them on and think about what you are going to keep.
  5. Then you log on and check out. You will have a chance to tell your stylist what you liked/didn't like about each item.
  6. Send back anything you don't want to keep in a return envelop postage paid. 
 I have to say that I was thrilled with my box. I didn't keep everything because two items didn't fit well. If I had purchased all items, I would have gotten a 25% discount on my total order.

Here is what I kept:






Here is what I returned:

The items I returned because they just didn't fit right. Items are chosen from several different boutiques so finding the right size may not be a guarantee, although they will do their best.

As you will notice, they don't send five items to make an outfit but they send five individual items for you to create a wardrobe with what is already in your closet. What they do send you are stylist cards so you can get ideas on how to use your item to create an outfit. 
This is the first time I really spent money on my wardrobe. Most all my clothes were bought off the clearance rack and after a few washes, they no longer fit well. These are higher end clothes that should last awhile.

My shirts were both $48 and my scarf was $28. It may seem high if you are a clearance shopper, but if you shop JCPenny's or Herbergers these prices are pretty normal. 

If you think this is something you would like to try out please use my referral link. I get a credit for every new person who signs up through my link. I'm a stay at home mom so a little extra money for clothes will really help my family out. Check out Stitch Fix now.

No comments:

Post a Comment