Friday, November 30, 2012

Crock Pot Potato Soup

As much as I love summer and the chance to play outside with my kids, the cooler weather brings more enjoyment in the kitchen. I love stews and soups, my favorite being potato soup. I have tried many different recipes and really love this one. My kids even ate it and they are very hard to please, especially when it has anything to do with potatoes.
This is the first crock pot potato soup I've tried. With having three kids 3 and under, crock pot recipes are my favorites. I can usually throw everything in the crock pot while my youngest is napping or the kids are eating lunch. This provides a much less stressful supper hour for me and more time to spend with my kids.


Crock pot Ham and Potato Soup from Bohemian Transplant
Ingredients:
7 c. diced potatoes (about 4 medium)
1 c. diced onion (about 1 medium)
1 large carrot, chopped
2 c. ham, diced
5 c. hot water
1 Knorr Chicken Bullion cube (extra large size that makes 1 quart broth or 4 small cubes that make 1 cup each)
1 c. 2% milk
1/2 c. sour cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Add diced potatoes, onion, carrot, and ham to a crock pot. Dissolve chicken bullion in 5 cups hot water, then add this to the crock pot also. Cook on low 7 hours, or high 3 hours. Then add milk and sour cream. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes twelve 1-cup servings.If you'd like a thicker soup, just before adding milk and sour cream, remove 2-3 cups of the potatoes and slightly mash, then return the mashed mixture to the crock pot.

Makes 12 Servings (About 1 Cup Per Serving)





No comments:

Post a Comment