Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers: Nativity

Idea found on ScrapWarrior.com


The nativity is always a great teaching tool for kids when it comes to explaining the birth of Jesus. I love setting mine up every year and love that my oldest likes to ask questions about it. I came across this wonderful nativity set craft and knew it was a wonderful opportunity for my children. 

What you need 

This does take a while to finish since there are many pieces to color and cut out. Next year I plan on breaking it up and doing it several days. This will give up a better opportunity to talk about how God used many different people to welcome Jesus into the world. 

To break it up here are a few ideas: 

Day 1: Stable, palm tree, Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus
Day 2:  Angel, Shepards, sheep, and donkey
Day 3: Wise men and camels 




Books to read with the nativity:

    The Christmas Donkey by T. William Taylor (a childhood favorite of mine)

         The Cripled Lamb by Max Lucado

http://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/6372772/il_fullxfull.311794584.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZepvzlUmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg


Let us know what your favorite Nativity Books are. I love adding to my book list.

No comments:

Post a Comment