Friday, November 9, 2012

Organizing Your Time: Make yourself a cleaning schudule

     I find the hardest thing to do as a stay at home mom is organizing your time. At the end of the day I am always thinking of more I would have liked to get done.  
     Being a stay at home mom doesn't mean sitting on the couch watching TV and eating chips, like my husband tends to think. My day is spent picking up toys, clothes, and other messes, cleaning, breaking up fights, and trying to keep my girls entertained.
      I found myself waking up with a long of list of things to get done and never feeling like I accomplished anything. I spent my day trying to figure out when I last mopped the floors or cleaned the bathroom.
      One day I came across a cleaning calendar on pintrest. It was just what I was looking for to organinze my cleaning and time. I had to tweak it of course to better fit my needs. You can check out the orginal calendar at Tips and Pix.

My Cleaning Schedule

Morning: Wipe bathroom sinks and counters
         Empty dishwasher
            Put dishes away
             Do one load of laundry

Evening: Load dishwasher
         Hand wash dishes
         Wipe kitchen counters and table
         Quick sweep/spot clean kitchen floor
         Pick up toys

Weekly:
  Monday:    Vacuum and wash bedding
  Tuesday:   Mop bathroom floors and tile in                basement
  Wednesday: Scrub toilets and bath tubs 
  Thursday:  Mop kitchen floors and entry way
  Friday:    Swing Day  

Swing Day Activities:
  1. Wipe down furniture and cabinets 
  2. Scrub oven, microwave, and fridge
  3. Wipe down wall, baseboards, and doors
  4. Clean laundry room
  5. Clean out van
  6. Dusting and windows

     I have found this schedule to be very effective in actually getting things done. I have a few things to do everyday and since everything gets done each week my house stays fairly clean. 
     I love the idea of a swing day. There are things that don't need to be done every week and most activities don't take long and I can do more than one. I can also get my kids involved in washing windows, dusting, and wiping things down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment