Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DIY Princess dresses

My daughters love to dress up. They really love to dress up as princesses. Not just any princesses but Disney princesses. I have tried a few and have had requests from my daughter for more dresses. For Christmas I made her a Rapunzel dress with a wig and her birthday in January I made her a Cinderella dress.

Christmas Morning

 
 Most dresses I find in the store start at $20. They also last a very short time since they are very poorly made. There are a few options for you if you choose to make your own. I used a few patterns I already had. Hancock often has them for $.99 or $1.99. I just pick and choose from different patterns what I need and adjust if I need to. My daughter didn't care if it didn't look exactly like the dress from the movies. As long as it looks similar. It really just has to be the same color and she's fine.

Another option is to follow a free tutorial. You may still need to adjust the sizes and sometimes draft your own pattern. The links below will provide you with tutorials for other princess dresses. I have tried a few and am looking forward to trying more. My 4 year old dresses up almost everyday. 
I haven't found a Tiana dress yet and that is what my 4 year old is currently requesting. If you know of any great tutorials for princess dresses please share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment