Monday, April 1, 2013

30 Day House Cleaning Challenge: Day 1

Today's Task: Surface clean living room and kitchen


Before:





I have been trying hard to keep my kitchen clean. It seems that I can go to bed with it pretty clean and wake up with dishes piled up every where. It seems to multiply so fast. 

With a busy weekend, the mess seemed to explode everywhere. The living room only took a few minutes but with constant interruptions from my girls, the kitchen took me all day to do. 

We had some errands to run and our weekly library trip, so I didn't have as much time at home as usual. I wanted to get all the lower cabinets wiped down, table and chair legs, and chair backs but only got about half way done.

Last night I decided to make pizza and freeze a few. It was of course a huge mess and took an hour and a half. So after spending the morning cleaning the kitchen, I had to clean it a second time. My oldest wiped down the table for me while I washed dishes. That was a big help for me. Then I had to wipe down all the counters, again, and do a quick sweep of the floor.

I now have 3 pizzas in the freezer for a later time and a very clean kitchen, so I don't feel too bad about having to clean it twice.

After:





I use vinegar and baking soda to clean. Click below to read my posts.
Saving Money by Cleaning with Vinegar

Saving Money by Cleaning with Baking Soda

How did your cleaning go today?

Join the challenge at moneysavingmom.com


No comments:

Post a Comment