Wednesday, April 10, 2013

DIY Easter or Spring Dress for Girls

I love making my daughters dresses. My four year old is in major need of some new ones including more dressy "Church dresses", which she likes to call them. So for Easter, I found a wonderful online tutorial for a cute but simple dress. 

We went to the fabric store, where she picked out the flowers herself rather quickly. We then found the pink polka dots right above that and she was happy and ready to go. It was fun shopping with her since she really knows what she wants now. 

The tutorial was very easy to follow and took me about an hour and a half. There were a couple things I did a little differently. I used a bodice pattern I already had to create the new bodice pattern instead of making my own from scratch. I also made the skirt flare out slightly so it wasn't quite so snug but still looks a-line. 

For tutorial click here


No comments:

Post a Comment