Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Easy Kid Friendly Freezer Meal

One of my favorite new meals for nights when I don't have a lot of time, is corndog muffins. I've seen them several times on Pinterest. They are so incredibly easy and if you want to make a double batch, stick some in the freezer for later. 


Just a few easy steps. It takes about 5 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake.

1. Mix a batch of cornmeal, whatever recipe you prefer, and fill the muffin tin about 2/3 full.


2. Cut your hotdogs in half (or thirds if you use bun size) and place them on top of your cornmeal mix.
 3. Bake according to the cornmeal recipe. Mine was 350 for about 20 minutes. The hotdogs should be cooked through and the cornmeal muffins should be golden.
My girls and my husband love these. I like making a double batch and sticking them in the freezer. Easy to thaw out and reheat. Either stick in the oven until they are heated through or warm them in the microwave.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment