For one week I use only flat diapers and any accessories that can be used with it. All diapers are hand washed and hung to dry.
I really did not need anything. In fact I bought nothing for this challenge. I already had everything I needed since I have been using flats since last summer and really love to use them.
About 2 weeks ago I started thinking about how I was going to wash them. My wonderful husband reminded me that we have a wash board hanging on the wall in the garage I could use in our wash sink. Problem solved, nothing bought.
Here is what I am using and about how much each costs:
- 5 Woolybug covers at $10.99 a piece
- A dozen Birdseye flats for $23.97
- 3 Hemp Flats for nighttime from Geffen Baby at $6.95 a piece
- Cloth wipes made out of scraps of flannel from my sewing stash.
- Wash board found in the in-laws barn a year ago
- Homemade soap (click here for recipe) which will cost a penny or two for the week.
|My 5 Wollybug Covers. I love the lady bug print!|
|Birdseye on the left, Geffen Baby hemp flat on right. I pad fold to make it much easier for hubby to manage.|
|Homemade wipes. Wipe solution is half gallon water, a squirt of baby soap, and a few drops of Tea Tree Oil.|