Friday, May 24, 2013

Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Day 5 The Ups and Downs

flatschallenge2013header 

Flats and Hand Washing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry
For one week I use only flat diapers and any accessories that can be used with it. All diapers are hand washed and hung to dry.
  



When I signed up for this challenge I really had no idea how it would go. I knew it would be easy for my daughter to be in flats all the time because she already is almost everyday. I was honestly a little nervous about washing the flats and having them be clean. 


Boy am I surprised at how this challenged is going. The only struggle I had was drying them the first few days since it was raining the entire time. I had diapers drying constantly. Which of course means little girls pulling them off the chairs and running around with them. 

I found that by doing 3-4 diapers at a time, they will all get dry no matter where they hang in time for me to use them. My wash routine is very simple compared to many others and it really is working for me. (my wash routine)


It has changed my perspective on how hard it must have been to keep up with diapers before the wonderful invention of the washing machine. I won't take my washing machine for granted, that's for sure. I also need to thank my husband more often for standing in line on Black Friday in the freezing cold to get me the wonderful washer and dryer for an extremely good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment