Thursday, May 16, 2013

Budgeting Adventures Month 6

The month of April brought about some new challenges for us. Usually my husband is back to work between April 1st and April 15th. Because of the large amounts of snow in April, he didn't return to work until the last week of April. 

We have our budget based on 8 months of work and 4 months of unemployment. We ended up using some of our tax return money to live off instead of putting it towards debt. Thankfully I am working part time as a PCA for my little sister who has special needs. God has provided us with extra income which should help us pay off more debts faster. 

I am very happy to say that we used as much of our tax return as possible towards debt and have cut 5 months off our original debt free date. We are now down to 4 debts and the smallest being just over $1,000. I am very excited and am praying for ways to keep paying extra until that is all behind us. 

If you haven't set up a budget I would encourage you to do so. I am amazed every month at how little we spend and how much is left over. There are so many great online programs to help you decide what might work best for your family. 
 
Check out: 
www.crown.org 
https://www.mytotalmoneymakeover.com/ 
https://www.mint.com/what-is-mint/



No comments:

Post a Comment