Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cute Summer Dress Pattern

I love sewing clothes for my girls. When I came across this free pattern from The Cottage Home I knew I had to try it. It was so easy and took me about an hour from start to finish. I did have to tweak the pattern to make it bigger. I needed a 5T size. The pattern is for 12 months to 4T.

I made two of these. The first was out of fabric my mom had given me. I didn't have enough for a ruffle so I had to buy some extra fabric. My daughter requested yellow and that her dress touch the floor so I tweaked the ruffle to accommodate her requests. 

The second dress is pictured above. It turned out great but I will never buy that kind of fabric again. They have little sparkles on it and you can't iron it directly. I had to place a towel on top to iron and it was a pain.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment