Thursday, January 16, 2014

For Such A Time As This

P31 OBS Blog Hop

One of my favorite Bible stories is Esther for a couple reasons. Of course as a woman, I love to see stories of amazing women God used. To me it is important to remind myself and my girls that God thinks we are important too. He has a purpose for us because we are women. 

I also love the story of Esther because of what Mordeccai said to Esther when he was pleading for help: 
"Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4: 13-14
A few years ago that passage stuck out to me like it never has. Every time I read it I feel like I learn even more. First God and God alone put Esther in the role of queen to save her people. Why else would a Jewish girl become queen instead of one of the hundreds of other beautiful girls. 

The phrase, "such a time as this" keeps playing in my head. If God can make Esther queen so she can save her people, what plans does He have for me? Of all the times for me to live, this is when God chose us to live. We are here for such a time as this. 

He calls us just as He called Esther. What I find even more interesting and inspiring of the passage is that Mordecai tells Esther that if she doesn't speak up, deliverance will come from some place else. In Judges, Deborah warns Barak that because he didn't trust God when he was called to deliver the Jews, he would not be the one to deliver his people but a woman. God really is series about us obeying Him and there are consequences when we don't.

God will deliver His people, not just the Jews but also His children, believers. We were put here on this earth at this time for a "such a time as this". We have a chance to do what God has called us to do, be a light that shines with LOVE:
Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."
Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."
Matthew 19:19 "love your neighbor as yourself"
John 13:34-35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love on anther. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love on another."
John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
 I feel God is calling me to rain down love on those around me for such a time as this. What has God called you to do? Are you obeying?

No comments:

Post a Comment