Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our little school

As a family my husband and I have decided to start homeschooling our girls. I don't know how long we will homeschool but for now we are doing preschool at home. 

I just makes more sense for our family at this point in our lives. Having our kids so close together means we would have 2 in preschool for three years in a row. Because they would also be in different classes, it would be almost impossible to plan anything during the week. Not to mention how expensive it would get just for a few hours a week at school. 

Today I just wanted to give you an idea of how we have set things up to homeschool. It took me about a week to get everything set up. We have kept it simple with a small space reserved for school time. 

All my pages needing to be laminated

2 Days straight my laminator was going strong

My printer was going as strong

Pages laminated and flashcards cut out and in envelopes

Books picked out for the first few weeks

worksheets and laminated pages ready for the next 3 weeks

Everyone on their spots. Under their butts is tape in the shape of the first letter of their name.

Table work. Each have their own pencil box with crayons and markers. Eventually scissors will be added

Tracing the letter A on our laminated card

Practicing letter A and number 1 on chalk wall

Our work for the day

The girls are loving school time and there isn't a day that goes by that they aren't asking when we get to do school.

No comments:

Post a Comment