Here is my grand list:
- Pay bills (Monday morning)
- Strip beds (kids help)
- Vacuum (kids help)
- Spot clean bedrooms
- Wipe down light switches and doorknobs
- Clean toilets, sinks and bathtubs (kids help with their bathroom)
- Clean out van
- Wash windows and mirrors (kids help)
- Mop kitchen and entryway
- Mop Bathroom floors (kids do their bathroom)
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets
- Clean out one closet/cabinet/shelf/fridge
- Sew one item
The things I added has made a huge difference in the cleanliness of my house. My room usually becomes a dumping ground but when I take time every week to declutter it is much more organized and cleaner. I had to add dusting and wiping down surfaces. I didn't realize how long I would go in between dusting and wiping.
One thing I am really glad I added was cleaning out the van. My husband gets frustrated when he gets in it on Sunday and toys are everywhere and garbage is on the floor. It takes 5 minutes for me to grab the garbage, put toys in container, and take the hand vac to clean it up. My husband has been very happy to have a clean van.
How do you get all your cleaning done each week? Do you have a list or a schedule? What has worked for you?