Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy Birthday to my 3 year old!

Every birthday leaves me wondering how my kids have grown so much. Celebrating my daughter's third birthday was one that really had me reflecting on the past 3 years.


She is our middle child and has such an adventurous spirit. The past 3 years haven't been easy on her yet she seems to take things head on and with a smile on her face.

At 3 months old she contracted whooping cough. I was told it was more mild but if you ever hear a baby coughing, wheezing, and struggling for breath there is nothing mild about it to me. It was a long recovery for her and many sleepless nights for both of us. She was almost 8 months before the coughing was almost completely cleared up. Unless you heard her coughing you wouldn't realize she was sick. There was always a smile on her face and she wasn't lethargic like most kids are. Most of her days were spent playing on the floor and enjoying big sister.


After that she seemed to be sick a lot. Ear infections tended to never heal sending us to the doctor every month. Finally she had tubes put in her ears before her second birthday. Her speech was affected and in the fall she started with a speech therapists.

She has come a long way but I am so amazed at her spirit. An always smiling and cheerful child keeps our home a happy home.

For her birthday she wanted a Rainbow Dash (from My Little Pony) party. It was a small party with family. I made her a new dress and Rainbow Dash cake. It was a simple affair but brought so much joy. 





As I watch her turn 3, I am reminded again how much growing up she has done. It is always bitter sweet to see your kids becoming more independent and responsible. Some day they won't have you to depend on. I am so proud of our 3 year old and can't wait to see what God has in store for her this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment